Acanthus Consulting is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
1. About this Notice
The purpose of this Notice is to:
- Reassure you that Acanthus Consulting fully respects your privacy and the information relating to you, otherwise known as your Personal Data, which is provided to us.
- Describe the personal data that Acanthus Consulting collect about you, how it is used and shared, and your rights in relation to it.
2. Data Controller – Who are we?
Acanthus Consulting is a marketing consultancy firm providing services in the UK primarily to professional services firms.
Acanthus Consulting Limited is registered in England. Company number: 7986628.
3. Data collection – How may we collect information (“Personal Data”) relating to you and for what purpose?
We may collect your personal data in one of the following ways.
- Contact forms –we may collect any personal information which you choose to provide when you fill in forms on http://www.acanthusconsult.com. This may include, for example, your name, position, company, contact details (such as business email, telephone number and business address) and your personal preferences, choices and requirements specific to particular requests or services. We may use this personal data to respond to your queries, and/or provide the services and/or information that you have requested.
- Events –if you register for one of our events, we may share your name, professional title and your company details with other people that are attending the same event.
- Other marketing –we may have obtained limited personal data at an event or through an introduction by a third party or through mutual networking activity in person or via social media, email or other digital communications.
- In addition, if you visit http://www.acanthusconsult.com, some limited personal data may also be collected. Please see Section 10.
Where personal contact details have been provided to us by you or on your behalf, Acanthus Consulting may use it to keep you informed about relevant marketing updates, future events and our services by email, telephone or postal mail. You may be contacted by email, telephone or by post for marketing purposes relating to our services and/or to research opinion on business developments where legally permitted to do so, unless you let us know that you do not want to receive this type of marketing. You have the right to object to this processing if you wish and if you wish to do so, please see Section 5 – Marketing Opt-Out.
Acanthus Consulting may also use your personal data on an aggregated but anonymised basis to analyse how to improve the service that we provide to clients.
Acanthus Consulting does not use automated decision-making in the processing of your personal data.
Please bear in mind that if you choose not to provide personal data requested by us, or if you object to our processing your personal data, we may not be able to provide you with the information and/or services you have requested or otherwise fulfil the purpose(s) for which we have asked for the personal data.
4. Our legal bases for processing (using or storing) your information
4.1. Legal basis
The GDPR requires all organisations that process personal data to have a legal basis for doing so. The lawful bases identified in the GDPR, and which provide our legal bases for processing your personal data, are:
- Performance of a contract with the data subject or to take steps to enter into a contract.
- Compliance with a legal obligation.
- The legitimate interests of ourselves, or a third party, except where such interests are overridden by the interests, rights or freedoms of the data subject.
4.2. Legitimate interests
The legitimate interests purposes for which we process personal data are as follows:
- To administer the services provided by directors and staff at Acanthus Consulting to their clients.
- To make, investigate, respond to or address complaints or concerns, including any legal or regulatory action.
- To ensure network and information security, including preventing unauthorised access to personal data.
- To assess and improve our services.
- For marketing purposes.
- To report possible criminal acts or threats to public security.
5. Marketing opt-out
You may opt out of specific communications at any time if they are not directly related to our commercial contract between Acanthus Consulting Limited and you or your company.
You may do so by using the “unsubscribe” option included in any marketing e-mail or other marketing material sent by us.
6. Storing and sharing your personal data
6.1. Where is your personal data stored?
Acanthus Consulting stores personal data, including email, phone and company name provided to it, on a contact management system.
Acanthus Consulting will not keep personal data longer than required. Personal data will be kept for a maximum initial period of 10 years. At the end of the retention period, a review will take place about whether personal data is still required for the purposes for which it was obtained. You can request that Acanthus Consulting suspend processing of your personal data or remove your personal data at any time. You can request rectification or erasure of your details and preferences and any consent given can be withdrawn at any time. Please see Section 7: Your Rights.
The personal data is processed at Acanthus Consulting’ operating office and in any other places where the parties involved with the processing are located.
Your personal data is stored on secure servers but these may fall outside of the European Economic Area (EEA).
6.2. Security of personal data
Acanthus Consulting will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent unauthorised access, disclosure, modification, or unauthorised destruction of your personal data.
6.3. Sharing personal data
Your personal data may be accessible to such employees, directors or officers of Acanthus Consulting or external parties (such as third-party technical service providers, mail carriers, hosting providers, IT companies, communications agencies) as reasonably necessary for the purposes as set out in this privacy notice. Where such sharing takes place, Acanthus Consulting will take all reasonable steps to ensure that your personal data is processed in compliance with the GDPR.
A list of third-party and sub-processors may be requested from Acanthus Consulting Limited at any time.
7. Your Rights
The GPDR gives you rights in relation to your personal data.
- You have the right to request access to your personal data.
- If your personal data is inaccurate, you have the right to request correction of it.
- You have the right to request erasure of your personal data.
- You have the right to request restriction of processing of your personal data.
- You have the right to object to processing carried out by for legitimate interests purposes.
You can find out more information about how to exercise these rights from the website of the Information Commissioner’s Office (“ICO”) https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/guide-to-the-general-data-protection-regulation-gdpr/ . You also have the right to lodge a complaint about our processing of your personal data with the ICO.
Any requests should be made to https://www.linkedin.com/in/emilymorrislondon/
8. Additional information
In addition to the information contained in this privacy notice, if you would like any additional information about any particular services or the way your personal data is collected and/or processed, please contact GDPR@Acanthusconsult.com.
9. Changes to this Privacy Notice
Acanthus Consulting may occasionally update this Privacy Notice. When we make significant changes, we will notify you of these through email. We will also publish the updated Notice on our website.
10. The Acanthus Consulting website Acanthusconsult.com
The Acanthus Consulting website may collect some personal data from you.
The types of personal data collected will be in the form of:
10.1. Information provided by you
You may be asked to provide personal data through the register/sign up for updates option through the site, or when you register for updates or events which may be stored on Acanthus Consulting’ marketing database. The details will include your name, your work email address or your company name. Acanthus Consulting will not collect personal details from you without your knowledge and permission.
10.2. Cookies and usage analytics
Traffic log cookies are used to identify which pages are being used. This helps those responsible for the upkeep and maintenance of this website to analyse personal data about webpage traffic and improve the website in order to tailor it to user needs. This information is only used for statistical analysis purposes and is then removed from the system.
|Google Analytics||These cookies are used to store information, such as what time your current visit occurred, whether you have been to the site before, and what site referred you to the web page.
These cookies contain no personally identifiable information but they will use your computer’s IP address to know from where in the world you are accessing the Internet.
Google stores the information collected by these cookies on servers in the United States. Google may transfer this information to third-parties where required to do so by law, or where such third-parties process the information on Google’s behalf.
This website does not support “Do Not Track” requests. To determine whether any of the third-party services it uses honour the “Do Not Track” requests, please read their privacy notices.
10.3. Usage analytics
Analytics allow Acanthus Consulting to monitor and analyse web traffic and can be used to keep track of how visitors to the site use it. This website uses Google Analytics (Google Inc.). Google Analytics is a web analysis service provided by Google Inc. (“Google”). Google utilises the personal data collected to track and examine the use of this website, to prepare reports on its activities and share them with other Google services. Google may use the personal data collected to contextualise and personalise the adverts within its own advertising network.
Google provides a tool to allow you to opt out of their analytics, please go here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en. Please note this tool is provided by Google and not Acanthus Consulting, and Acanthus Consulting is not responsible for this tool.
10.4. System logs and maintenance
For operation and maintenance purposes, Acanthus Consulting website and any third-party services may collect files that record interaction with it (System logs) or use for this purpose other personal data (such as IP Address).
10.5. Following a link to Acanthusconsult.com from another website
10.6. Following a link from Acanthusconsult.com to another website
The Acanthus Consulting site contains links to other websites. Acanthus Consulting is not responsible for the content or privacy notices of these websites.